Thursday, January 6, 2011

January Menu Log

I can never seem to make a menu plan as a "plan". So, I decided I would make a menu journal. Then, next January I can at least see what we had this January. We have daughter #1 living at home with us right now (she moved home over the summer),so between she and Big Daddy, its nearly impossible to please them both by cooking the same thing. Sometimes, I end up making a combination dinner. That means I take one meat and cook it two ways, suiting both of them. Daughter #2 and I are more flexible. We like pretty much everything. But,then with that being said, we don't like repetitive meals (like hubby and daughter #1), so I probably do way more cooking than most folks. But, we're happy and that's all that matters, right?

JANUARY 2010 Menu Log
Main Dish/Supper
Homemade Stir Fry / Steak & gravy with a micro potato
BFF Chili / frozen pizza
HM spaghetti sauce, cole slaw, and garlic toast
Crockpot Chicken and Biscuits
Baked "Fried Fish", oven fried seasoned shoestring fries, HM corn muffins, stewed tomatoes, and pinto beans (oink-oink)
Tacos with HM flour tortillas, layer dip, and leftover pinto beans (from the fish dinner)
Crockpot pulled pork with homemade tangy BBQ sauce, homemade BM hamburger buns, hashbrown casserole, and Mom's Thickened Corn
Welcome Home Lisa Roast Dinner at Grandma's. I took sweet tea and Schoolhouse Dinner Rolls
Best Goulash Ever

Breads
BM White Sandwich Bread
BM Light Wheat Sandwich Bread

BM Pita Bread

Breakfast items
Perfect Granola
Homemade Yogurt
Homemade packets of oatmeal (bulk recipe I keep in an oatmeal container). I got this recipe from a favorite blog-Mommy's Kitchen

Desserts/Cookies/Snacks
Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hillbilly Housewife Plain Yellow Cake (I added a box of lemon jello powder) and glazed with a powdered sugar/lemon juice glaze.)

No comments:

Post a Comment