Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BAKED "FRIED FISH"

We love to have a fish fry. But, in the winter or when I don't want to "smell grease" inside my house, or when I think Big Daddy needs to eat something healthier, I make fried fish in my oven. It works great! I even tested it on my parents and they loved it.

BAKED "FRIED FISH"

6-8 crappy or tilapia filets (I used frozen tilapia filets)
packaged Fish Fry mix - (I used the kind from Orscheln Farm Store)
cooking spray (I use generic, of course)
cookie sheet

Place 2-3 cups of the fish fry mixture you are using in a gallon ziploc type bag.
Put in the pieces of thawed fish.
Shake good until each piece is well coated. You may have to turn them over and shake again.

Spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place the coated fish pieces on the cookie sheet. Spray the fish with a little cooking spray (it says 100% oil so its fine). Place in preheated 400 degree oven.

Bake 30 minutes or so or until your fish feels solid and doesn't fall apart. You should be able to lift the whole piece off the cookie sheet (with a spatula) without it falling apart (keeping in mind that I don't eat raw fish and don't want to take any chances, so mine may be overcooked for some people's taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment