Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Easiest Pancakes Ever - Sheet Pan Pancakes (Less work than flipping flapjacks!)


 

Recipes at the Top; Chit Chat at the Bottom!


Homemade Sheet Pan Pancakes

  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 Tablespoons baking POWDER (not baking soda) (yes, 3 Tablespoons is correct)
  • 1/4 cup sugar (I used a little less  because I don't care for sweet pancakes)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup melted butter or oil (I used oil/easier.)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla (I left this out.)
  • Cooking spray (for prep of the pan)
  • Optional:  Toppings of your choice like blueberries, chocolate chips, banana slices.
Instructions:

PREHEAT THE OVEN to 425 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well to fully incorporate everything.

In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and oil (also the vanilla if using).  Stir well to beat the eggs and fully incorporate.

Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.

Stir the batter just until until smooth.

Spray a one inch deep sheet pan with cooking spray.

Pour the batter into the sheet pan and spread evenly.

Sprinkle any toppings over the batter (berries, chocolate chips, etc).  (I purposefully left one half of my batter plain because someone at my house is picky.)

Bake 20-25 MINUTES or until browned, springy like a cake, or a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Let sit a few minutes before cutting.

Serve them up and ENJOY!

LEFTOVERS:  Let cool completely and bag the cut squares flat in a gallon zip bag.  I placed parchment paper between the layers.  Freeze flat.  You could also store in the fridge for a few days.  Would work great for a week's meal prep.

TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN:  I reheated a couple of pancakes in the microwave for two minutes.  They were beyond wonderful and I will never (did I say NEVER) make pancakes again any other way!


ENJOY!




Gina


NOW THE CHIT-CHAT

Confession:  I hate to make pancakes, but I LOVE pancakes!  

This weekend, Doug got up early and cooked bacon.  (We cook bacon outside on the flatstone griddle  because if we cook bacon inside our tiny house, we smell bacon for the whole week.)  Anyway, before I could even wake up, Doug had bacon cooked and teed up for breakfast.  For Sunday breakfast, I usually will make grits, toast, or homemade biscuits to go with whatever meat he has his heart set on. 

This past weekend, I really wanted pancakes but I HATE cooking pancakes.  They make a huge mess!  The first couple of pancakes turnout nice and perfect and as you cook, they get flatter and thinner.  Ugh!  And - what a mess!  Batter drips everywhere, butter is everywhere.  Suffice it to say, I can't even enjoy my pancakes once that huge mess is in the kitchen.

I've been reading all of the wonderful things you can make in a sheet pan.  Sheet Pan Pancakes?  Would they even taste like pancakes? I decided to dive on in!

Doug always is a little skeptical when I have a new recipe to try but he's a great sport and usually will try it (if it's something it already eats).

I mixed up the batter and just look at those little bubbles!  Isn't that what your Home Economics teacher always told you was the sign of perfect pancakes?  The magic bubbles were there!



I spread the batter into my only sheet pan (excuse the look of the thing).



I topped it with what I had on hand:  a few blueberries and a few chocolate chips.  I left half plain for Doug because he's boring like that.



I baked them until the top was just browning, a knife inserted came out clean, and the whole thing felt springy like a cake.


(Not a great pic - but trust me, they were delicious!)


I let them cool a few minutes and sliced them up.

They were light and fluffy and perfectly delicious!  I topped mine with my favorite clear Karo syrup and some melted butter.  Doug had his with some normal pancake syrup.  

Almost better than the pancakes themselves was that Doug BRAGGED to his mom that I had made him the best pancakes.  He told her all about how I did it and how good they were!  Awwww.  Got to love when your sweet husband brags about you to your mother-in-law after 36 years of marriage!💓  

I loved making them this way for a few reasons:

  • Super easy to mix up;
  • Basic pantry ingredients;
  • Took no time at all compared to standing at the stove flipping pancakes!
  • While they were baking, I did my dishes so after breakfast cleanup was a breeze!
  • Leftovers were easy to freeze.
  • Reheated from frozen they were just as good as the first time I made them.
  • Perfect for large families or feeding a crowd!
  • You could even take them for a potluck breakfast!
  • So many ways to tailor them for picky eaters or just for a little spice in your life!

I should mention that I believe you could make any pancake mix (using 2 1/2 cups of dry mix with whatever liquid ingredients is recommended) and still bake them in a sheet pan, with the same easy results.  (I haven't tried this though.)  I have baked pancakes in muffin cups (sprayed but no liners) and dipped pancakes in the syrup.  That worked "okay" but wasn't as easy and fast as this method.

Baked Sheet Pan Pancakes are the very best!  I hope you try them out for your peeps and love them as much as we did!














4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I love pancakes but don't like the "making" part:) This looks like something even I can do:)
    Enjoy your day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Theresa! You will LOVE these! I'm the same. That "making part" is just too tedious. These were better and were crazy easy. Glad you are still stopping by to see me on here! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Just found your bog. You have some great recipes. I will be making this baked pancake for my grandkids and the Schoolhouse soup also. Thanks for an easier way to make the pancakes. I love easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl- Thank you for your comment! Let me know how you like them. I just made the schoolhouse soup last week and it’s good every single time! I love when meals can be made with real ingredients but are easy and fast! Best combo in my book! Let me know how these work for you!

      Delete