If a young working mom of two very young children can get a game plan together, surely someone as experienced (read "old") as I am, can do it, right!
I decided to get off my bum and get something done today to lay the groundwork for my own busy nights of getting home late, tired and hungry!
I thought posting a Sunday Game Plan cooking day might be a good idea. We all need a little inspiration sometimes.
Here's a few things I made for my Sunday Game Plan AT HOME MY WAY:
Sunday Game Plan - April 27, 2014
- My facebook friend "K" made chicken salad for her family's lunches this week. Sounded delish, but I didn't have any cooked chicken to work with. What I DID have was some leftover Easter ham. Light bulb came ON- HAM SALAD!! I used my little mini food processor and made enough for several batches using only 3 ingredients. I even made some extra ham salad to share with my mother-in-law for her lunches this week. It's delicious! I'll share the recipe tomorrow:
- I made a batch of Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup since one of the crockpot meals I plan to make this week is our favorite Crockpot Chicken & Biscuits. I'll post the recipe for the Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup this week also. One batch made these three jars. I'll use it also spread over round steak and cooked in the crockpot, which is delicious served over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
- I made a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies, making half the dough as cookies and freezing unbaked cookie dough balls, to bag up and bag at a later date (since my husband and I don't need to eat up a whole batch of cookies by ourselves this week, which we might do if I baked all of them-ha!)
- I made a batch of muffins for breakfasts. They're called Donut Muffins and I found the recipe at www.HillbillyHousewife.com .
- I also took out some chicken from my freezer for making one of my hubby's favorite suppers tonight - Parmesan Chicken. Instead of making a loaf of homemade French bread, I think I'll use up some stale hotdog buns and make garlic toasts.
- I chopped up and trimmed the rest of the leftover Easter ham for a batch of Crockpot Pinto Beans this week.
I didn't plan all of my meals for the week, but I have a few breakfasts, a few suppers planned, and some ham salad for lunches. At least it's a start, right? Baby steps. That's what it's all about- moving in the right direction.
Have a good week!