This past Friday, my daughter and her boyfriend were coming in from KC for a visit. What to make???
I decided to try a recipe that I found in my hoard of paper recipes. I often sit in my recliner just paging them through checking out whatever I might have missed. (It's one of my favorite past times - I'm a little weird like that LOL.) I found a recipe for a "Chocolate Icebox Pie" that sounded good. I decided to increase the cream cheese to more equal the recipe for my Ditch the Box - No Bake Homemade Cheesecake recipe here which I knew was a guaranteed success:
This no-bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe was super easy to whip up and was super delicious! The boyfriend really LOVED it! I also loved it! It reminded me of a Wendy's Frosty-Mmmm.
- The chocolate in this cheesecake is chocolate syrup. Of course, I used my Homemade Chocolate Syrup but by all means, use the store bought kind if that's the kind you keep in your fridge.
- I used a regular graham cracker crust (you could use a premade one if that's your thing) and you could also use smashed chocolate cookies to make a chocolate crust if you have those. I happen to have a huge bag of regular graham cracker crumbs in my freezer so I used them but either would be great. I don't bake my graham cracker crusts in the oven because that would totally defeat the No-Bake thing. I just cook the crust in the microwave for 1 minute. Works every time! Just remember to fully cool your crust (I used the freezer) before dumping in the filling.
OK, here's how I made No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake - Icebox Pie AT HOME MY WAY:
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (low/no fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar (regular, granulated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or crushed chocolate cookie crumbs)
- 1/3 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
Crust: Combine all cookie crumbs and sugar. Stir well. Add melted butter/margarine and stir to combine. Press into pie pan (up the sides as best you can) (use a microwave safe-glass/corning pie pan). Cook in microwave for 1 minute. Place in fridge/freezer until cool before adding filling to the crust.
Filling: Bring cream cheese to room temp or microwave a few seconds until stirs smooth. Beat cream cheese with mixer 2 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla. Blend well. Add chocolate syrup and blend until smooth.
In a separate dish, beat whipping cream until stiff.
Carefully fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream mixture until well blended and pour into cold crust.
Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer a few minutes (10 minutes at least) before cutting.