I don't have a picture for this. My pictures don't always look great and there was just no way to get a good picture of the meatloaf. But the taste? Oh my!!!! It's terrific and I know that if you have meatloaf lovers in your family, this will be "the go-to" recipe for you!
Here's how I made the "Best Meatloaf Ever" AT HOME MY WAY:
Best Meatloaf Ever
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 slice bread (torn into small pieces)
- 1 egg (blend before adding to the loaf)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (optional, but I think this made it perfect)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
Smooth out top.
Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done. (I baked 1 hour 15 minutes)
- Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.