- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground red pepper (I don't always use this.)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (ground)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper.
Rub meat with a good amount of this rub and let it sit for an hour or so before putting your meat on the smoker. We just put our loins on a big cookie sheet, rub with the rub, cover and let sit while we are getting the fire ready in the smoker.
(If I'm doing a lot of meat, I double or triple this recipe.)
Honey - Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1 bacon slice, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard (plain yellow mustard)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
This Honey-Mustard BBQ Sauce is also EXCELLENT served with chicken!