Monday, June 6, 2011

Homemade Italian Dressing for salads or marinade

My family LOVES chicken cooked on the grill that has first been marinated in Italian Dressing.  I am never one who wants to go to the store to buy ONE INGREDIENT!  So, I pulled out my trusty laptop and searched for a homemade Italian Dressing recipe.  I found one that I love.  It makes a great dressing for salads, lettuce or pasta, and I also use it for marinating chicken, either for cooking on the stovetop or on the grill.  Its so much cheaper than buying a bottle of salad dressing and uses ingredients you probably already have in your house:



Homemade Italian Dressing (Zesty)


½ cup olive or canola oil
½  cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Italian spices (I used oregano)
1 teaspoon salt
pepper (just a shake)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise (I did not use the mayo for my marinade)


Mix well and store in a jar in the fridge.  Shake well before using.  Sometimes I add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar if I'm after a less sour dressing.  (IT SMELLS DIVINE!)



No comments:

Post a Comment