Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Peach Cobbler 1-2-3 - Pantry Cooking



I remember eating this recipe for peach cobbler a LOT when I was growing up.  It seems like we always had dessert - a couple of times a week anyway.  We ate lots of chocolate pudding on homemade biscuits; chocolate cakes, and this recipe for peach cobbler.

This recipe is a dump type recipe (but no cake mix is involved).  It turns out ooey-gooey and just wonderful!  I love it hot or cold.  When I was little I remember loving the gooey dough part the best, but now I love it all!  

This is an easy recipe to throw together while you are cooking supper.  It bakes in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour.  I think my mom even made this with fruit cocktail, which would also be delish, or even canned and pitted plums, which I want to try.  But we usually just had it with canned peaches.  

When I made this recipe recently, I used my own home canned peaches (one pint jar).  

Here's how I make Peach Cobbler 1-2-3 AT HOME MY WAY:


Peach Cobbler 1-2-3

  • 1 15 oz can of peaches in light syrup or juice (drain half of juice off)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup sugar (or a little less if you like)
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 1/2 stick margarine/butter
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°.  

  1. Place an 8 x 8 square pan, or medium casserole dish in the oven with the stick of margarine/butter in it until it melts.  Remove from oven.
  2. In separate bowl, mix milk, sugar, flour and blend until smooth.  Dump batter over the melted butter/margarine (do not stir).
  3. Drain half of the juice off the can of peaches and spoon the peaches & remaining juice over the batter.  Do not stir!

Bake in preheated 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Serve warm.  Cover and refrigerate leftovers.

Here are some pictures of the process:


The peaches.  Ready for business!


I melted the margarine in the oven in the casserole dish.


This shows the batter was added to the margarine, and then the peaches were spooned over.  NO STIRRING!


The batter will puff up as it bakes surrounding the fruit pieces like this.


All done!  Come and get it!




Enjoy!


Gina



No comments:

Post a Comment