I decided to go ahead and start the week off on the right foot with a menu plan. This week, I am trying to plan meals using what I have on hand, and to try NOT to waste food by eating and re-serving leftovers. I have a pretty well stocked pantry and freezer though, so I should be good to go for most of these meals.
Here's my meal plan for December 10, 2012 through December 16, 2012.
Meal Plan (12/10/12 through 12/16/12)
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal using overripe bananas, sliced, and stashed in my freezer. (I baked these this morning in a super sized muffin tin, no papers - just sprayed the tin with cooking spray. This way I can freeze leftovers if I get tired of having this, for eating another day.)
- Chocolate Granola - I am trying a recipe this week from one of my favorite blogs - Lynn's Kitchen Adventures. (I'm thinking this may remind me a little of chocolate krispie cereal, so I plan on eating it with milk and also with yogurt/fruit.)
- Toast with HM peach preserves (My daughter made this for me this summer YUM!)
- HM Cinnamon Rolls (My daughter is coming home from college for the holidays! Gotta make a special treat!)
- PB&J - using more of those HM peach preserves
- Freezer burritos using leftover chili/cheese & rice I keep in the freezer)
- Corndog muffins
- Kings Hawaiian Roll Sandwiches (WEEKEND FOOD) (New to me - but I'm betting we LOVE these!)
- Leftovers from Saturday (3 Ingredient - Super Easy Chili)
- Crockpot Beef Stew (recipe coming)
- Mac, Beef & Cheese casserole (new to me - Looks YUM!) (Looks like this makes alot - I plan to put half in the freezer for making another day.)
- Christmas party at work!
- Weekend on the fly!